My Magic Contest
1. Eligibility: No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age to enter. Open to legal U.S. residents only. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. By participating in this contest, contestants; (1) accept these rules and all restrictions contained herein (the "Official Rules"), and (2) acknowledge and agree that they solely authored the entry, and that the entry does not infringe any third party rights (including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade dress rights, or rights of privacy or publicity). First Prize Winner's guest must also meet the eligibility requirements to participate in the contest prize awarded. The winners and the First Prize Winner's guest are required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/prize acceptance ("Affidavit"), and such other documentation as may be reasonably required by the contest sponsor, Wizards of the Coast LLC ("Wizards"), within five (5) days of receipt of notification or forfeit the prize. Noncompliance with this requirement or failure to comply with any terms of the Official Rules will result in a winner's disqualification. Participants agree to Wizards' use of their names, and/or likenesses, and/or entries without restriction, for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notification or compensation. Employees of Wizards, its affiliates, and immediate family members of such employees are not eligible to participate in the contest.
2. Entry: Limited to one (1) entry per eligible person. To enter, send us by e-mail (a) a signed copy of the Participant's Release, available here, and (b) your true story about how Magic: The Gathering is part of your life to email@example.com. Your e-mail must also include your name, address, and phone number.
You may also enter by mailing physical copies of your story and signed Participant's Release, along with your name, address, and phone number, to Wizards of the Coast LLC, ATTN: My Magic Contest, P.O. Box 707, Renton, WA 98057. All entries become the exclusive property of Wizards and will not be acknowledged or returned.
This contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (PST) on February 26th, 2010. Email entries must be received before Midnight (PST), March 31st, 2010. Postal entries must be postmarked by March 31st 2010, and received by Wizards no later than April 5th, 2010.
Wizards assumes no responsibility for lost, late, ineligible, incomplete, or misdirected entries or for technical or other failures, including Internet traffic.
3. Judging: A committee comprised of selected Wizards and vendor employees will serve as judges of the contest. The judges will review all eligible entries and will select winners based on the following criteria: creativity (40%), uniqueness (40%), and relevance (20%). Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone on or about April 5th, 2010. If a winner is unable to be contacted at the contact information he provided within three (3) days after three (3) attempts have been made, that winner will be disqualified and his prize may not be awarded in Wizards' sole discretion.
All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this contest are binding. By entering the contest, contestants agree to abide by the judges' decisions and waive any right to appeal.
4. Prize: There will be a First Prize winner and a Second Prize winner of the contest. The First prize winner will win a trip for himself and a guest to Pro Tour San Juan, May 27-30, 2010. The Second Prize winner will win a trip for himself to Pro Tour San Juan.
The First Prize package will include:
- Two (2) roundtrip, coach air-tickets (from the major international airport nearest the First Prize winner's home) to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Travel shall occur on May 27th, 2010 and May 30th, 2010, or such other dates as identified by Wizards in its sole discretion; and
- Hotel accommodations for two (one double occupancy room plus tax only) for three (3) nights at a San Juan hotel selected by Wizards in its sole discretion.
The First prize package has an approximate retail value of $3,000 (USD). First Prize winner and his guest must travel on the same itinerary.
The Second Prize package will include:
- One roundtrip, coach air-ticket (from the major international airport nearest the Second Prize winner's home) to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Travel shall occur on May 27th, 2010 and May 30th, 2010, or such other dates as identified by Wizards in its sole discretion; and
- Hotel accommodations for one (one single occupancy, room and tax only) for three (3) nights at a San Juan hotel selected by Wizards in its sole discretion.
The Second Prize package has an approximate retail value of $1,500.00 (USD).
Actual value of prize packages trip may vary depending on winners' residences and seasonal rates. All travel and hotel arrangements must be made through Wizards at least two (2) weeks in advance of travel date or the prize will be forfeit. Travel is subject to availability and applicable airline restrictions. Prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No extensions will be permitted, and any unused travel and/or accommodations will be forfeited. All other expenses (including meals, ground transportation, and gratuities), and all taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Wizards, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize for product(s) of equal value to the prize identified herein or provide the cash equivalent to a winner.
5. Dates and Deadlines: Because of the unique nature and scope of this contest, and because of the complexity of the administration of this contest, Wizards reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing this contest.
6. Winners List: Winners will be announced on the Wizards website (www.wizards.com) on or about April 26, 2010.
7. Representations and Warranties/ Indemnification. Each person who enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows: (i) his submission is his own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) his submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; and (iii) his submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Wizards harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
8. Restrictions: All federal, state, provincial, and local regulations apply. This contest originates in the state of Washington, U.S.A., and all matters relating to this contest are governed by the laws of the State of Washington. This contest is not open to residents of jurisdictions where skill-based contests are prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received. Neither Wizards nor its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, or related companies is responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners or First Prize winner's guest may incur as a result of contest participation or receipt of any prize. By accepting a prize, winners and the First Prize winner's guest further acknowledge that Wizards neither has made nor is in any way responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to quality, mechanical condition, or fitness. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the contest. By participating in the contest and/or by accepting a prize, contestants, winners and guests agree to release, indemnify and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by contestant, winner, guest, or a third party. A contestant's entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if he attempts to; (1) enter the contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules, or (2) disrupt the contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the contest.
9. Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast LLC. © 2010 Wizards of the Coast LLC, Renton, WA.