Date: July 29-31, 2011
Event Location: Outpost Antwerpen
Address: Beggaardenstraat 6, Antwerpen, Belgium
The Magic: the Gathering Belgium National Championship is an invitation-only event, open to citizens or permanent residents of Belgium who have won an invitation to Nationals through DCI ratings or from qualifying events such as National Qualifiers.
To register, all participants must present one of the following forms of identification:
- A driver's license, or
- A passport, or
- A copy of a birth certificate and photo ID (school IDs are acceptable)
Players not registered by 9:00 AM on Friday, July 29th, 2011 may be denied entry to Belgium Nationals.
Registration times and locations
08:30 am 29th of July at Outpost Antwerpen
- Standard and Booster Draft
- 3 Magic 2012 booster packs will be used for drafting
- Deck lists are required
- Check the Magic Tournament Rules for Standard and Booster Draft format rules. The Magic Tournament Rules can be found here
- Day 1 will consist of 3 rounds of Standard, 3 rounds of Booster Draft.
- Day 2 will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft, 3 rounds of Standard.
- Day 3 will consist of the Top 8 finals.
- 12 Swiss Rounds total, 60 minutes per round
- Top 8 single-elimination finals have no time limit; however, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 90 minutes.
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds
- After round 12 the top 8 players advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals
- Standard format
- Losers of the semi-final matches will playoff to determine 3rd place.
- The Top 4 players receive invitations to the 2011 World Championships.
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place players will form the National Team. The 4th Place player will be the alternate.
- 40K, REL Competitive
- Players are required to use the same Standard deck for day 1, day 2, and Top 8.
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document.
July 29 – 3 rounds Standard, 3 rounds Booster draft
July 30 – 3 rounds Booster draft, 3 rounds Standard
July 31 – Top 8
|1st - 4th
||Trip to Worlds, 72 Boosters
|5th - 8th
|9th - 12th
|13th - 16th