Dragon & Dungeon
Dave Noonan & Mike Mearls
Click on the link to listen to the file in your browser, or right-click Save As to download to your computer. (26.8 Mbs, 38:07 minutes)
Don't just read about D&D's latest news and announcements -- listen to them as well! And where better to find inside information than from the very halls of Wizards of the Coast. Presenting Episode 25: Dragon & Dungeon. As promised, another podcast, coming just 2 weeks after our last episode (as opposed to 2 months!).
In this episode, it’s Dave Noonan flying solo this time along with R&D’s Chris Youngs, editor-in-chief of Dragon and Dungeon Magazines. We’ve been discussing the magazines quite a bit in recent days (take a look at Randy Buehler’s Digital Insider #6), so we wanted to take this opportunity to have a conversation with Chris regarding upcoming features, submissions, and what’s happening with both the barbarian and the Adventure Path.
What’s coming soon in the magazines?
The Barbarian: the latest character class playtest, following the artificer.
Domains of Dread: exploring the Shadowfell.
Primordials: previewing more of these creatures appearing in December's Manual of the Planes.
Dungeon’s Sea Reavers of the Shrouded Crags: supporting the Adventurer’s Vault.
Dungeon’s Madness Series: continuing Robert Schwalb’s adventures with Touch of Madness and Steps of Madness.
What’s coming soon in the Scales of War Adventure Path?
- This month’s installment (The Shadow Rift of the Umbraforge, by Scott Grey) is set to release shortly, with players being sent to another plane—the Shadowfell.
- In October, look for the Lost Mines of Karak by Greg Vaughn. The PCs leave Overlook to go and further help the overall war effort… while things back home are not quite what they seem.
Remember folks, don’t drink the water… and don’t lose your cool!
To subscribe to the D&D podcast, follow these easy steps.
- Go to http://www.apple.com/podcasting/
- Download the latest version of iTunes
- Launch iTunes.
- From the dropdown menus, select Advanced --- Subscribe to Podcast
- When prompted for a URL, enter http://www.wizards.com/dnd/rsspodcast.xml and click OK.
Once you subscribe to the podcast, iTunes will automatically check for new files and download them to your computer. To ensure that you get timely updates, set your Podcast Settings to check for new episodes every hour (the Settings button is in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window, or you can find it under Edit --- Preferences --- Podcast).
What is Podcasting?
Podcasting is delivering audio and video content on demand so that it can be enjoyed at the user's convenience. The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. But they're not just for iPods...the files are ready to watch or listen to on just about any computer.