Star Wars Trading Card Game Sweepstakes
Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. No purchase necessary. The Star Wars Trading Card Game Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal residents of the United States age 14 and over. Void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. PST on August 19, 2004 and ends at 12:00 a.m. PST on October 4, 2004. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (“Wizards”). YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A PURCHASE, OR PROVIDE OTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. How to enter: To enter, visit: wizards.com/swtcgcontest and follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit an online entry. You will be asked to enter your complete name, address, email address, birth date, and daytime and evening phone numbers (optional) and guess a card (optional) on the online entry form. Limit one online entry per person or email address. Wizards may require winners to provide proof that they are the authorized account holders of the email address used to enter the promotion online. An “authorized account holder” is a natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address submitted.
3. Random Drawing: Winners will be selected in a random drawing by Wizards employees on or about October 18, 2004, from all eligible entries received. All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are binding. The prizes will be awarded and the winners will be notified by mail or telephone. If a winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days after attempts are made, such winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be selected.
4. Conditions: Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, or failure to receive any entry information. Further, Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed, illegible, or incomplete entries. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for injury or damage of any kind related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
5. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States age 14 and over. Employees of Wizards, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and fulfillment companies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their same households (related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. There is no age limit to participate. By accepting a prize, each winner grants Wizards permission to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). Information provided by participants may be used by Wizards for promotional purposes. This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in disqualification. An entrant’s entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if he or she attempts (a) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than described in these Official Rules; or (b) to disrupt the Sweepstakes, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value:
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the following prize: one full set of Star Wars TCG's Return of the Jedi, one full set of Revenge of the Sith (to be shipped once released) and two (2) tickets to a special advance screening of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, at the theater closest to winner. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize package is $2,000. Any taxes, transport or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All entrants which correctly guess the Revenge of the Sith preview card will receive an Anakin’s Starfighter preview card.
Prizes may not be transferred or redeemed for cash. Wizards may substitute a prize for another product of equal value to the prize identified herein, or provide the cash equivalent, in its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Entries are the property of Wizards and will not be acknowledged or returned. Winner may be required to sign and return, within 5 days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. If the winner is a minor, the winner’s parent must sign the aforementioned document. Noncompliance with this requirement, return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with any terms of these Official Rules will result in a winner’s disqualification, and an alternate winner will be selected.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc., Renton, WA. Star Wars is © 2004 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved