1. No purchase necessary. The Tactics & Tips Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States subject to eligibility guidelines below. Void where prohibited by law. The Contest begins at 8:00 a.m. PST on Dec 25, 2005 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on January 13, 2006. This Contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (“Wizards”). YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A PURCHASE OR PROVIDE OTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to any legal resident of the United States. Employees of Wizards, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and fulfillment companies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their same households (related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. There is no age limit to participate.
3. How to enter: Tactics & Tips outfits PCs with the advice they need to outwit their adversaries and survive the perils of dungeoneering – as important to an adventuring party as any sword, spellbook or shield. This time, we’re asking you to supply the advice. The situation at hand: a party of adventurers has heard rumor of You Craft the Creature’s developing creature – a “mastermind aberration”, and plans to set off to face it. What strategic advice would you offer them, against aberrations or masterminds (and their minions) in general? Against this creature and its special abilities in particular? Alternatively -- if you choose -- while the special abilities have been chosen for this creature, what advice would you give for some of the other special ability nominees?
Provide your own Tactics & Tips article, up to 1000 words in length, and yours may be chosen to appear in the official Tactics & Tips column on the D&D website. Entries should follow the format of those already published in the series:
Provide your description to us in one of three (3) ways:
1) Post it on the message board for the contest, which you can find here.
2) E-mail it, in Microsoft Word format, to email@example.com, with “Tactics & Tips” in the subject line. Please include your name and postal address.
3) Send it, typewritten, on 8½” x 11 sheets of paper to Wizards of the Coast, Attn: Online Media, Tactics & Tips Contest, 1600 Line Ave SW Ste 400, Renton WA 98055. Please include your name, e-mail address and postal address.
All entries must be received by Wizards no later than January 13, 2006. Limit one entry per person. Entries are the property of Wizards and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Judging: A committee determined by Wizards serving as judges of the Contest will review all eligible entries and will select five (5) of the best room descriptions, based on the following criteria: how each description fits with the Tactics & Tips column flavor (40%), originality (30%), and playability (30%). The finalists will be posted on the message boards, and at the Wizards of the Coast website on or before January 27, 2006. From these finalists, you, the player community, will vote on your favorite finalist. The finalist with the most votes from the player community will be determined by Wizards on or before February 2, 2006. All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone. If winners are unable to be contacted at the information they provided within three (3) days after attempts are made, winner will be disqualified and prize may not be awarded in Wizard’s sole discretion.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value:
One (1) winner will have his or her winning entry edited by Wizards editorial staff and published on the Dungeons & Dragons website located at http://www.wizards.com/dnd. Winner will also receive seventy dollars ($70 USD), and a copy of Spell Compendium. Approximate retail value of prize is $109.95.
Prize is not transferable. Winner will be required to sign and return, within 5 days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity, as well as a copyright assignment agreement. Noncompliance with this requirement, return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with any terms of these Official Rules will result in a winner’s disqualification.
6. Conditions: Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, or failure to receive any entry information. Further, Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. All winners, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Wizards from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or otherwise. By accepting a prize, each winner grants Wizards permission to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). This Contest is subject to these Official Rules. Failure to comply with The Official Rules will result in disqualification. An entrant’s entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if he or she attempts (a) to enter the Contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules; or (b) to disrupt the Contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Contest.
This Contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Copyright 2005 Wizards of the Coast, Inc., Renton, WA.