Don't just read about D&D's latest news and announcements--listen to them as well! And where better to find inside information than from the very halls of Wizards of the Coast? Presenting the first of December’s D&D podcasts! In this edition, Mike Mearls flies solo, matching wits with Eberron’s Keith Baker as well as D&D Minis’ Stephen Schubert and Matthew Sernett.
- Keith Baker phones in to discuss the latest Eberron sourcebook: Dragonmarked. Along the way, he drops a few hints about how the campaign setting had originally been envisioned and developed, as well as what areas are next to explore.
- The Campaign Setting Search, which Keith Baker won with his Eberron concept, took place back 2003. Details of the search can still be found here.
- R&D’s Matthew Sernett and Stephen Schubert, authors of the D&D Minis Design & Development series, bring along their collection of Blood War miniatures. Not only do they discuss the current set, but also what factors go into the making and choosing of each set’s minis.
- A discussion of the selection process can also be found in the latest Design & Development article, focusing on the gelatinous cube.
- Download it now! (32.5 Mbs, 39:39 minutes) Click on the link to listen to the file in your browser, or right-click Save As to download to your computer.
To subscribe to the D&D podcast, follow these easy steps.
What is Podcasting?
Podcasting is delivering audio and video content on demand so that it can be enjoyed at the user's convenience. The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. But they're not just for iPods...the files are ready to watch or listen to on just about any computer.
- Go to http://www.apple.com/podcasting/
- Download iTunes version 6
- Launch iTunes.
- From the dropdown menus, select Advanced --- Subscribe to Podcast
- When prompted for a URL, enter http://www.wizards.com/dnd/rsspodcast.xml and click OK.
Once you subscribe to the podcast, iTunes will automatically check for new files and download them to your computer. To ensure that you get timely updates, set your Podcast Settings to check for new episodes every hour (the Settings button is in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window, or you can find it under Edit --- Preferences --- Podcast).
About the Authors
David Noonan is a designer/developer for Wizards of the Coast. His credits include co-designing Dungeon Master's Guide II, Heroes of Battle, and numerous products for the Eberron campaign setting. He lives in Washington state with his wife, son, and daughter.
Mike Mearls is the dark hope of chaotic evil: young, handsome, well endowed in abilities and aptitudes, thoroughly wicked, depraved, and capricious. Whomever harms Mearls had better not brag of it in the presence of one who will inform the Demoness Lolth!
Evil to the core, Mearls is cunning, and if the situation appears in doubt, he will use bribery and honeyed words to sway the balance in his favor. He is not at all adverse to gaining new recruits of any sort, and will gladly accept adventurers into the ranks, but he will test and try them continually. Those who arouse suspicion will be quietly murdered in their sleep; those with too much promise will be likewise dealt with, for Mearls wants no potential usurpers or threats to his domination.