1. No purchase necessary. The Guess the Dice Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States subject to eligibility guidelines below. Void where prohibited by law. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. PST on August 10, 2005 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on August 18, 2005. This Contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (“Wizards”). YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A PURCHASE OR PROVIDE OTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to any legal resident of the United States. Employees of Wizards, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and fulfillment companies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their same households (related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. There is no age limit to participate.
3. How to enter: We filled a D&D game tote with as many 20-sided dice we could beg, borrow and steal (apologies to all our fellow coworkers wondering what happened to their missing dice) – and it turned out the game tote can hold a lot more than we thought! Now here's your chance to win a game tote of your own. There's just one catch: you'll have to be the one who comes closest to guessing just how many 20-sided dice we managed to load into ours.
Make your guess on the following message board thread (one guess per person) from now until August 18th – not coincidentally, the start of this year's Gen Con festivities, where more game totes will be for sale.
Provide your guess to us in one of three (3) ways:
1) Post it on the message board for the contest, which you can find here: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?p=6924836
2) E-mail it, in Microsoft Word format, to email@example.com. Please include your name and postal address.
3) Send it, typewritten, on 8½” x 11 sheets of paper to Wizards of the Coast, Attn: Online Media, Guess The Dice Contest, 1801 Lind Ave SW, Renton WA 98055. Please include your name, e-mail address and postal address.
All entries must be received by Wizards no later than August 18, 2005. Limit one entry per person. Entries are the property of Wizards and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Judging: The correct guess wins! In the event that no eligible entry contains the correct guess, then the closest guess without exceeding the correct amount wins. In the event of a tie, winner will be randomly chosen from the tied entries. The winning answer will be posted on the message boards, and at http://www.wizards.com/dnd on or before August 31, 2005. All decisions made by Wizards on all matters relating to this Contest are binding. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone. If winners are unable to be contacted at the information they provided within three (3) days after attempts are made, winner will be disqualified and prize may not be awarded in Wizard’s sole discretion.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value:
One (1) winner will receive a D&D game tote. Approximate retail value of prize is $39.95.
Prize is not transferable. Winner will be required to sign and return, within 5 days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Noncompliance with this requirement, return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with any terms of these Official Rules will result in a winner’s disqualification.
6. Conditions: Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, or failure to receive any entry information. Further, Wizards and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, delayed, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries. Wizards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold Wizards, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by entrant or a third party. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. All winners, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Wizards from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or otherwise. By accepting a prize, each winner grants Wizards permission to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). This Contest is subject to these Official Rules. Failure to comply with The Official Rules will result in disqualification. An entrant’s entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Wizards, if he or she attempts (a) to enter the Contest through any means other than described in these Official Rules; or (b) to disrupt the Contest, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Contest.
This Contest is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Copyright 2005 Wizards of the Coast, Inc., Renton, WA.