Angels are a race of celestials, or good outsiders, native to the good-aligned Outer Planes. In the D&D cosmology, these planes are the Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia, the Twin Paradises of Bytopia, the Olympian Glades of Arborea, the Blessed Fields of Elysium, and the Wilderness of the Beastlands.
Traits: An angel possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).
- Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
- Immunity to acid, cold, and petrification.
- Resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10.
- +4 racial bonus on saves against poison.
- Protective Aura (Su): Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of the angel. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against evil effect and a lesser globe of invulnerability, both with a radius of 20 feet (caster level equals angel's HD). (The defensive benefits from the circle are not included in an angel's statistics block.)
- Tongues (Su): All angels can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues spell (caster level equal to angel's Hit Dice). This ability is always active.