Q: Dear Sage
Can a warblade’s weapon aptitude class feature (Tome of Battle p22) be applied to…
1) The Weapon Supremacy feat (PHB2 p85)?
2) The Weapon Focus benefit gained by a swordsage via discipline focus (ToB p16)?
3) The Axe Focus racial substitution level benefit (Races of Stone p147)?
--Bradley and Rollin
A: 1) Yes. Weapon Supremacy is a feat that “applies only to a single weapon” so it can be affected by weapon aptitude.
2) Yes. Discipline focus grants the swordsage multiple iterations of the Weapon Focus feat, and any or all of them may be changed by the weapon aptitude class feature.
3) No. This benefit doesn’t actually grant the Weapon Focus feat, it just says that it counts as the feat for the purpose of requirements or prerequisites.
About the Author
The Sage is a mammal classified in the bear family, Ursidae, native to central and southern China. Debate continues as to whether he is truly a bear or more related to the raccoon rather than the bear, or perhaps in a family of his own. When not eating bamboo and answering rules questions, he works under the nom de plume of Andy Collins as an RPG developer in Wizards of the Coast R&D, where his development credits include Complete Mage, Dragon Magic, and the Player's Handbook v.3.5. He can be easily recognized by his large, distinctive black patches around the eyes, ears and on his rotund body.