Find a Qualifier Near You!
Find a Qualifier Near You!
Magic Weekend Paris is February 10-13, 2011.
Qualifiers for the Pro Tour held at Magic Weekend Paris start October 2 and run until December 26. Check the Event Locator to find an event near you that could earn you an invitation to the Pro Tour at Magic Weekend Paris. Magic Online Pro Tour Qualifiers will once again be run as well, so if you can't make it to an event near you, there's still a chance for you to qualify! Complete information on Magic Online qualifiers can be found here.
Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with local organizer for specific information.
The structure for qualifier tournaments feeding the Pro Tour at Magic Weekend Paris will be modified Swiss-style, with the Top 8 players playing in a single-elimination format for prizes and invitation(s).
The format for qualifier tournaments feeding the Pro Tour at Magic Weekend Paris is Sealed Deck with a Top 8 Booster Draft.
- Sealed Deck Product: 6 Scars of Mirrodin boosters per player
- Booster Draft Product: 3 Scars of Mirrodin booster packs per player
- Deck lists are required
- If product is not stamped or pre-registered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- Swiss rounds - 50 minutes per round
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
|Attendance||Number of |
|17 - 32||5|
|33 - 64||6|
|65 - 128||7|
|129 - 226||8|
|227 - 410||9|
|411 or higher||10|
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit
- The Top 8 players will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- 32K, REL: Competitive
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
Invitations, Eligibility, and Prize Money
Players already holding an invitation to the Pro Tour at Magic Weekend Paris are prohibited from participating in any qualifiers for the Pro Tour at Magic Weekend Paris, with the exception of Grand Prix tournaments. Players may have earned invitations through cumulative past performance in the Pro Tour, winning a previous Qualifier or Grand Prix tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official ratings invitation announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
- Invitations to the Pro Tour at Magic Weekend Paris (exact number of invitations determined by tournament location)
- Product prizes to be determined by the organizer
- Some qualifiers offer airline travel. See individual schedules for details.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should call their local contact phone number.
- Players who have general questions about the Magic: The Gathering® trading card game, Wizards of the Coast LLC, the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour, DCI players’ organization, Qualifier tournaments, the Magic® World Championships, National Championships, or Regionals should call Wizards of the Coast at (800) 324-6496, or access the Knowledge Base.