e rejoin our game, already in progress .... Sam has chosen to join Garruk's team and is facing off against Chuck (on Chandra's team) and Steve (on Jace's team).
Sam: I'll attack Chuck with Garruk's Packleader…
Sam: Oh, and Mr. Smartphone tells us that until the next tweet, all creatures gain trample ... AND ... creatures controlled by Garruk's team, a.k.a. me, also get +2/+2! RAWR!
Chuck: [groan] I’ll block with the 4/4 Titan I got last turn because Chandra's my girl ... and Lightning Bolt to finish the job! Boo YA!
Steve: Well done, Charles, but I wonder if you have the cards to defend against …
Steve: … Well, never mind, because now non-Jace allies—and I do speak of the two of you—will be playing with their hands revealed for the time being.
What madness has infected this simple Magic multiplayer game? TweetMTG, that's what!
On July 31-August 1, you will be able to add pandemonium to your multiplayer Magic game. Simply follow TweetMTG on Twitter or watch the feed here and get ready for the Multiverse to unfold in ways you've never seen before.
Top minds in Magic R&D have compiled some of the finest and most plot-foiling effects they could find and will unleash them on the TweetMTG Twitter feed every few minutes for an entire weekend. Before each game, each player joins the team of one of the five Planeswalkers from the Magic 2011 core set. Some tweets provide benefits for players on a certain Planeswalker’s team. There are also a few tweets that are unaligned and will affect everyone equally.
You can check out the complete rules for the full details, but here's gist:
- Get some friends together.
- Make sure they each have a Magic deck. (If they don’t you can visit one of the many locations that sell Magic! Don’t worry, we’ll wait. We have all weekend.)
- Join the team of one of the Magic 2011 Planeswalkers: Ajani, Jace, Liliana, Chandra, or Garruk.
- Tune in to TweetMTG's Twitter channel.
- Play as normal. The tweets will add randomness to the game every few minutes.
- Play again and again, because as soon as it hits July 31 anywhere on the planet, the feed begins and doesn't stop until the final seconds of August 1. That's three days of game play! For you time-zone challenged, here's some help:
- UTC: Starts at noon on July 30, ends at 11:59 a.m. on August 2
- New York City: Starts at 8 a.m. on July 30, ends at 7:59 a.m. on August 2
- Moscow: Starts at 4 p.m. on July 30, ends at 3:59 p.m. on August 2
- Sydney: Starts 10 p.m. on July 30, ends at 9:59 p.m. on August 2
- And remember, this is a casual format. Be nice or your friends might take their revenge in a game that really counts!