Gen Con is fast approaching and Dungeons & Dragons will have a giant presence this year, and we aren’t just talking about the D&D Gargantuan Orcus minis that will be sold each day!
With a plethora of cool con promos; a photo scavenger hunt; limited sales of the D&D Gargantuan Mini Orcus: Prince of Undeath (details below), the Dark Sun Campaign Guide, the Dark Sun Creature Catalog; sneak peeks of the Castle Ravenloft Board Game and the re-issued D&D Red Box; the Dungeons & Dragons Gen Con Championship, and other D&D activities, this Gen Con will be one to remember! The action starts Thursday, August 5th in Indianapolis.
Dungeons & Dragons Event Highlights
Dungeons & Dragons 2010 Championship event entitled A Hole in the World – you’ll even get to play 30th-level pre-generated characters if you advance to the final round!
D&D Convention Delve returns with a back-to-basics crawl called Lair of the Dread Witch.
- Test your mettle in the arenas of Dark Sun with seven different 2-hour battles in Glory and Blood.
- Round out your time in the Sagamore Ballroom with Three-Dragon Ante play and test out the new Castle Ravenloft board game before it goes on sale!
Dungeons & Dragons Seminar Highlights
2-4 pm: Monster Building Workshop: Join members of Wizard’s R&D team and learn the ins and outs of designing monsters. Monsters created during this session will be featured in an upcoming article for D&D Insider.
2-4 pm: Spin a Yarn with Ed Greenwood: Join the creator of the Forgotten Realms setting, Ed Greenwood, for a rollicking group storytelling experience that’s always memorable and highly amusing.
4-6 pm: The D&D World of the Forgotten Realms: Join members of Wizard’s R&D team, D&D Insider, and novel authors to discuss the latest happenings in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting and Living Forgotten Realms. Secrets and upcoming events will be revealed!
2-4 pm: A Discussion with R.A. Salvatore: Join celebrated fantasy author R.A. Salvatore to discuss his past work, his upcoming projects, and what else is new in the world of the Forgotten Realms campaign and the life of Drizzt Do’Urden.
4-6 pm: A New D&D Experience: Gamma World: Join members of Wizard’s R&D team to get an exclusive preview of the upcoming D&D Gamma World Roleplaying Game. Learn about game play, the world of Alpha Mutations and Omega Tech, and how we’re approaching the D&D game as a platform for experiences that go beyond traditional fantasy role playing.
7-8 pm: Dungeons & Dragons Celebrity Game: Join us at this exclusive D&D ticketed event! Watch New York Times Bestselling author & creator of Drizzt Do’Urden, R.A. Salvatore, Forgotten Realms creator Ed Greenwood, and fantasy artist & illustrator of the famed D&D "Red Box", Larry Elmore as they roll the dice in an epic adventure lead by "DM to the Stars" Chris Perkins. Ticketed attendees will receive a copy of the adventure with illustrations by Larry Elmore and signed by the celebrity participants.
For a full list of events and seminars, check the show book, stop by the Wizards booth 1721 or visit www.gencon.com.
Wizards of the Coast will be selling a limited quantity of D&D Miniatures Gargantuan Orcus: Prince of Undeath at Gen Con Indy. Only 100 are available for the run of the show. 25 will be sold daily through a booth drawing. Full specifications below:
- Only 100 Orcus: Prince of Undeath miniatures will be available for sale at Gen Con. 25 units will be sold each day to ticket holders only.
- Attendees wishing to purchase an Orcus: Prince of Undeath miniature will be required to have a ticket issued by Wizards on the day of purchase.
- Tickets will be given away at the Wizards of the Coast booth each day starting on Thursday of Gen Con from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. On Sunday the tickets will be available only from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Tickets are limited to one (1) ticket per person, per day during the show.
- Starting after 3:00 PM Thursday through Saturday and after 1:00 PM on Sunday, 25 tickets will be selected from a random drawing conducted by Wizards of the Coast. The ticket numbers will be posted at the Wizards booth. The selected ticket holders may then redeem their ticket to purchase one (1) Orcus: Prince of Undeath miniature that day only at the Wizards of the Coast booth beginning at 4:00 PM Thursday – Saturday and 2:00 PM Sunday.
- Sales will end at the close of the exhibit hall each day.
- Tickets must be redeemed the day they are issued and purchase of Orcus: Prince of Undeath must be made that same day. Tickets will not roll over for purchase on any other day.
- You must turn in your ticket in order to purchase your Orcus: Prince of Undeath. No Ticket, No Purchase, No Exceptions.
- The limit for purchasing Orcus: Prince of Undeath is one per person during the show. Attendee badges will be marked to verify your purchase. Badges should be presented to a Wizards employee at the time of purchase out of the badge holder to help in this process.
Orcus: Prince of Undeath will retail for MSRP ($74.99) plus applicable IN state sales tax.
- All retail exclusives are available in limited quantities, while supplies last.
All sales are debit or credit card only and all sales are final.
If you’ve ever thought of going to Gen Con, this is the year to do it. No matter how you like to experience Dungeons & Dragons, there will be something for you.
For complete information about Gen Con, visit www.gencon.com or our own D&D/Gen Con information page.